Our open opportunities Jobs
Medical Data Administrator ($25/HR)
Cure Staffing, Inc.
Cure Staffing, Inc. is working with one of the City’s largest Health Agencies. We are seeking qualified temporary medical support staff candidates who will provide reliable, professional, and appropriately skilled medical support in all temporary work assignments. All candidates must have education, experience, licenses, and certifications that are applicable and appropriate to the level of this position.
The VHP administers a telephone navigation program to support New Yorkers to accessing hepatitis B and C care. The VHP uses surveillance data and collaborate with other programs to identify populations that may benefit from telephone navigation services. The employee will be responsible for supporting the telephone navigation program’s outreach, patient interview, care coordination, data documentation, and presentation.
- Call patients to assess their needs and barriers to hepatitis B/C care, confirm hepatitis B/C infection status, make medical appointments, and provide reminders.
- Provide hepatitis B, hepatitis C, liver health, and drug use safety education to patients.
- Refer patients to supportive services, such as health insurance enrollment, mental health, harm reduction, and medication-assisted treatment.
- Call providers for care coordination and medical records inquiry.
- Document outreach activities and medical records in the NYC Health Department electronic disease surveillance system and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Attend internal staff meetings and external meetings.
- Give case presentation and case discussion in meetings.
- Develop program materials and deliver project presentation in meetings or conferences.
- Support project planning, implementation, data collection, documentation, data reporting, evaluation, quality assurance and quality implovement.
- Report to supervisor and leadership on progress of projects.
- Complete other tasks as assigned
Preferred Skills/ Experience:
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in health or social science.
- Fluent in Wolof, French, or other African languages.
- Experience in linkage to medical care and providing health education by phone.
- Experience in conducting survey, assessment or questionnaire with patients.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to develop health care access plan with patients.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills; work well with diverse populations.
- Comfort with talking about chronic disease, drug use and mental health issues with patients.
- Highly organized with attention to detail. Good oral, written, documentation and presentation skills.
- Strong in time management. Ability to handle multiple navigation cases.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams..
Long Island City, NY