Our open opportunities Jobs
Community Health Liaison – Bilingual Spanish $32/hr
Cure Staffing, Inc.
Cure Staffing, Inc. is working with one of the City’s largest Health Agencies. We are seeking qualified temporary medical support staff candidates who will provide reliable, professional, and appropriately skilled medical support in all temporary work assignments. All candidates must have education, experience, licenses, and certifications that are applicable and appropriate to the level of this position.
This program is working with asylum seekers. The base for this position is located in Long Island City, Queens, NY.
You MUST be willing to travel throughout the 5 boroughs. You will be working with a full team to visit shelters, schools, and other community buildings. You could be working in the clinics doing intake for patients or providing patient and provider follow up.
You MUST be bilingual Spanish!
You MUST have excellent data entry skills.
You will be tasked with supporting the asylee and refugee efforts by coordinating TB testing as well as coordinating follow up care for individuals who test positive for TB. Specifically,
- Participate in onsite tuberculosis (TB) screening events in NYC community and congregate settings (e.g., shelters)
- Interact with the public, community partners and site staff/administrators
b. Support onsite data collection, TB education, administrative functions, and TB test administration as applicable
c. Support data entry following testing event using BTBC’s electronic surveillance and case management system (Maven)
- Coordinate follow-up to screening events
- Ensure that test results are received and entered into Maven
b. Send test result letters to clients in appropriate languages
c. Collaborate with DOHMH Chest Centers and community healthcare providers to schedule appointments for chest x-ray (CXR) and medical evaluation as needed
- Call individuals who have positive TB test results and/or TB symptoms:
- Introduce role as (CHW)/patient navigator (PN)
b. Inform them of their TB test results
c. Educate individuals on recommended next steps, including CXR and medical evaluation
d. Educate individuals on the importance of TB evaluation & treatment
e. Schedule clients for TB evaluation at appropriate facility
f. Share information about other health and social service resources as applicable
g. Obtain consent to continue to receive follow-up call if necessary
- Each follow-up call with the client will be logged in Maven. Data collected will include client’s preferred means of contact, client’s availability for a follow up visit, means of transportation, contact information for clinic and clinician providing follow up care, and any barriers in follow up for LTBI evaluation & treatment.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of Associates Degree
- Must speak Spanish fluently
- Must be able to travel throughout NYC for events
- Must be able to work some weekends and some weekday evenings
- Must have experience with data collection and data entry
- Customer service
- Comfortable working with a team and with the community
Hours: 35 hours per week
(9am to 5pm, 10am to 6pm, 11am to 7pm)
You will be given a set schedule
Weekly Direct Deposit